Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune (IISER Pune) invites applications for the position of Research Associate I
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
1. Position: Research Associate-I (RA-I)
2. No of Post: 01
3. Title of the Project: “Understanding mechanobiological basis of the evolutionary diversity in spindles dynamics of nematodes”
4. Funding Agency: Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR)
5. Project code: 31419467
6. Minimum educational Qualification: Ph.D. in Life Science / Biotechnology / Biophysics / DataScience / Simulation and Modelling or related areas. Candidates who have submitted their thesis may also apply.
7. Preference: Candidates having Programming skills in Python, C/C++, and MATLAB Prior experience in scientific computing using Monte Carlo or stochastic simulation methods and An understanding of cell biology and computational biology will be preferred.
8. Tenure of the appointment: For the period of eight months or till the end of the project whichever is earlier. Continuation during this period is subject to the satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
9. Consolidated emoluments: Rs.47, 000/- + 24% HRA per month Candidates who have submitted their thesis, but not completed defense (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified or the degree),will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- + HRA per month till the time of submission of Provisional PhD certificate.
Not more than 35 years as of the last date of application