Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
1. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow
2. Name of Project: Quantum point contact charge amplifiers embedded in a planar superconducting microwave resonator: Quantum-limited charge sensing and counting
3. Funding agency: STARS-MoE
4. Minimum Educational qualification (as prescribed by the funding agency): Master’s degree in Physics with a minimum of 75% marks (a)Qualified National level eligibility exams, such as UGC-NET/JEST/GATE Or (b) Master’s degree in Physics with a minimum of 75% marks from institutions such as llTs / llSc / IISERs etc where the selection process is through a National level examinations conducted by MoE or its Agencies.
5. No. of Post: 01
6. Preference: The project involves fabrication of nanoscale devices in cleanroom atmosphere and conduct low temperature high-frequency electrical transport measurements and, experience in these fields is highly desirable. Preference will be given to those candidates with hands on experience on
(i) semiconductor device processing, fabrication techniques such as photo-lithography, electron-beam lithography, metallization, etching
(ii) Electrical and Electronic instrumentation, Computer interfacing
(iii) electrical characterization techniques, cryogenic instrumentation, low temperature measurements.
7. Fellowship amount: 31000/- + HRA p/m
8. Tenure of the post: 01-Year
30 Years or below as on the closing date of application, Age relaxation as per GOI rules for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC.