Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER Thiruvananthapuram) invites application for the position Project Assistant
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
1. Post Name: Project Assistant
2. No. of Post: 01
3. Name of Project: Multi-wavelength spectral analysis of gamma ray burst (GRB) prompt emission spectra and physical modelling based on hydrodynamical simulation study of GRB jet evolution.
4. Minimum Educational qualification ( as prescribed by the funding agency): M.Sc in Physics/ Astronomy/ Astrophysics
5. Preference: Candidate who has hands-on research experience on Neil Gehrels Swift Observatory and Fermi gamma ray space telescope data analysis, and basic knowledge of model fitting and radiation physics.
6. Fellowship amount: Rs 25,000/- including HRA
7. Tenure of the post: 1 year
Should not be more than 30 years. The upper age limit will be relaxed upto 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/tribes/OBC and physically handicapped candidates.