IIT Dharwad is an Institute of National Importance created by an Act of Parliament in 2016. IIT Dharwad has been steadily establishing its operations in its present campus while at the same time, master plan development and construction of permanent campus infrastructure are also in progress.
To cater the Institute’s temporary requirement under a project in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering; IIT Dharwad intends to hold an Online Selection Process for the following temporary position:
1. Name of the Position: Junior Research Fellow (On Contract)
2. Number of Positions: 1
3. Essential Qualification:
a. B.E./B.Tech degree with First class (minimum 60%) or equivalent in Computer Science (or any allied discipline) along with the qualification of any one of the following (I) GATE (II) National Eligibility Test–CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) OR
b. M.E/M.Tech degree with First class (minimum 60%) or equivalent in Computer Science (or any allied discipline) along with the qualification of any one of (I) GATE (II) National Eligibility Test– CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship(Assistant Professorship) (III) National level examination conducted by Central Govt. Departments and their agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc
4. Desirable Qualification: Hardware Skills (Ability to work with embedded boards like Raspberry Pi, Nvidia Jetson GPUs etc). Strong programming skills in Python, C/C++. Familiar with DL frameworks like TensorFlow/Keras/PyTorch etc. Knowledge of Machine learning, Deep neural networks. Knowledge of embedded systems, architectures for DNN, energyefficient computing, system-level design and optimization. Data analysis/interpretation and Problem solving skills
5. Consolidated Emoluments ₹31,000 + 16% HRA + ₹1000(Medical Allowance) -- per month
6. Duration of the tenure Maximum 3 years
7. Tenure of appointment The appointment for the above contractual position will be initially for 03 (three) months, which can be further extended subject to satisfactory performance, availability of funds in the project and requirement in the project.
Not exceeding 35 years as on the date of selection process.