Advertisement No.: ICSR/PR/Advt.185/2021 Dated: 26/11/2021
Applications are invited for the temporary post of Junior Software Developer (Full Stack Developer) for the project titled “Activities supporting the office of Global Engagement” in the Office of Global Engagement, IIT Madras.
1. Post Name: Full Stack Developer
2. Educational Qualification: Bachelor / Master’s Degree in Computer Programming or related field.
3. Experience: A minimum of 2 - 4 years of relevant experience is required. Experience in an international higher educational organization or a similar environment may be an advantage.
4. Pay Scale: Rs. 40,000 pm to Rs. 50,000 pm
5. Duration: Initially for one year, extendable based on performance.
6. Skills and Competencies:
iii. Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL/ Firebase, and MongoDB.
iv. Basic knowledge of Node.js, Git would be an advantage.
v. Excellent verbal communication skills.
vi. Good problem-solving skills.
vii. Attention to detail.
7. The duties would entail but are not limited to the following:
a. Developing front end website architecture.
b. Designing user interactions on web pages.
c. Developing back-end website applications.
d. Creating servers and databases for functionality.
e. Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
f. Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
g. Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
h. Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
i. Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
8. Desirable Qualities:
a. They should be passionate, creative and a self-starter able to work with little to no supervision.
b. Strong time management, analytical and organization skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
c. Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
d. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
e. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
f. Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
g. Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.