1. Online applications are invited for the post of a Project Associate-I (One-JRF) in a ICMR funded research project.
2. Title of the project: High-resolution plasma proteomic and lipidomic analyses for fibrosisrelated metabolic assessment in dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) patients in India: A MultiCenter based study
3. Short description of the research project: Dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) is a clinical condition characterized by biventricular or left ventricular dilation and systolic impairment. DCM is one of the main contributors towards heart failure (HF) progression. Recent reports indicate that, deaths caused by DCM have been increasing in India in the last two decades. Although about 10% of the disease load have been explained by genetic mutations; the heterogenic pathophysiology of DCM has remained largely unexplained. Genetic, epigenetic, inflammation and several other stimuli can culminate towards the dilation of left ventricle of the heart leading to DCM. Due to its heteronomous etiology, timely clinical diagnosis becomes very challenging.
4. Thus, there is a need for the discovery of new biomarkers of DCM in India. Currently, the state-of-the-art systems-biology based developments pose a new opportunity with extended capabilities for in-depth analyses of biofluids for the discovery of new biomarkers. This in turn will certainly improve the etiology driven personalized approach for clinical care in patients with DCM in India.
6. Fellowship : Maximum Rs. 31,000/- p.m + HRA as per guidelines (subject to fulfilling eligibility criteria)
7. Minimum Qualifications: M.Sc. in related branch of life Sciences with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Candidates with NET/GATE qualification and/or experience in working in plasma proteomics will be given preference in shortlisting for interview.
8. Duration: Till 15th February, 2022. The selected candidate has to join immediately. On the basis of the performance the candidate’s tenured may be extended up to three years. The selected staff may be provided with an opportunity to pursue Ph.D. degree subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria and satisfying the academic selection norms.
Maximum 28 years as on the date of advertisement. (SC/ST/OBC and physically handicapped candidates will be entitled for the relaxation in age limit as per the government norms)