The Centre for WTO Studies intends to engage Economics Researchers either at the level of Research Associate (Economics) or Research Fellow (Economics) or Senior Research Fellow (Economics) to work on issues related to WTO and international trade.
i. The engagement shall be purely on contractual basis for a period of one year. Keeping in view the impact of COVID19 pandemic, the short listed candidates shall not be required to visit the CWS office to appear for the written examination and interview.
ii. Instead, selection process shall be conducted through online mode. The candidate applying for the post should possess the following qualification:
1. Post: Research Associate/ Research Fellow/ Senior Research Fellow (Economics)
2. Qualification: MA(Eco)/ MA (International trade)/M.Phil (Economics)/ Ph.D (Economics)
3. The candidates should have sound knowledge of computer application and packages [M.S. Word, M.S. Outlook, Excel, Power Point]. The candidate should have good command over English (spoken as well as written) and should have experience of research activities.
4. Experience: The candidates having research experience on different aspects of international trade including Agriculture, IPR, Services, e-commerce, Trade Remedies and WTO Disputes in any reputed organization shall be preferred.
5. Tenure: The appointment will be purely on contractual basis for a period of one year with a possibility of further extension based on the performance of the candidate and requirement of the Centre.
6. Emoluments: The Researchers shall be paid fixed monthly emoluments depending upon their qualification and experience as under:
7. Research Associate (Eco): Rs.30,000/- per month
ii. Research Fellow(Eco): Rs.36,000/- per month
iii,. Senior Research Fellow (Eco) having at least three years research experience: Rs.48,000/- per month
iv. Senior Research Fellow (Eco) having Ph.D Degree in Economics and preferably some independent research experience: Rs.54,000/- per month
8. It may be noted that candidates applying for the post of Sr. RF (Eco) based on their qualification and experience are not automatically eligible to be engaged as a Sr. R.F. (Eco). Their performance during the interview, in-depth knowledge of the economic aspects of WTO and experience in a reputed organization shall be the deciding factor.
9. In addition, a candidate engaged as a Senior Research Fellow (Eco)/ Research Fellow (Eco) shall be entitled to CL, Earned Leave, medical facilities and LTC whereas a candidate engaged as a Research Associate (Eco) shall be entitled to CL, earned leave and medical facilities only.