1. Post Name: Research Assistant
2. Title of the Project: Information Research
3. Duration of the Project: One Year
4. Focus of Project: The focal area of the project shall inter-alia include: Scanning of vernacular, English language and social media in the neighbourhood with focus on:
Human rights situation. Foreign policy of neighbouring countries towards India Sectarian violence in the region Regional Issues Political parties and their narratives in the neighbouring countries Reactions to CPEC
5. No. of Positions: 02
6. Salary and other Emoluments: A fixed remuneration of Rs. 50,000/- per month (all inclusive).
7. Contract Period: For a term of 12 months from the date of joining the Institute, further employment will be based on performance and Institute requirement.
8. Educational Qualifications: Minimum Graduate, Preferably Master’s Degree with a first class in social sciences and allied fields such as public policy, international relations, strategic affairs, development studies, especially focussing on South Asian Region. Knowledge of Urdu is mandatory. Preference shall be given to candidates who have undertaken research on South Asia.
9. Professional Experience: Research experience on South Asia
10. Job Description: The job profile inter-alia includes: Monitoring and tracking local media, official statements, briefings, and documents and tracking various other developments in the neighbourhood. Data collection from Primary and Secondary sources, including internet portals Writing event reports of seminars, round tables, seminars, workshops, etc. held at the Institute under the Project Providing administrative support for organising round tables, workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings under the aegis of the Project.
1. Desired Skill-Set: Keen interest in analysing current national and international affairs especially focusing on South Asia Excellent knowledge of Urdu and English language Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Ability to attend to detail Work under strict deadlines Flair for team work Ability to handle and edit multi-media content.
Age Limit: Below 35 years