Applications are invited for the position of Research Associate for the Department of Science and Technology (DST) sponsored project Innovation Centre for Eco-Prudent Wastewater Solutions (IC-ECOWS)1
1. Post Name: Research Associate
2. Project Description Innovation Centre for Eco-Prudent Wastewater Solutions (IC-ECOWS) is a consortium of eminent institutes including the National Institute of National Institute of Hydrology - Roorkee, Indian Institute of TechnologyBombay, National Institute of Technology – Jaipur, and Institute of Rural Management Anand – Anand. ICECOWS is funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India for a period of five years. The objective is to establish a state-of-art Centre to harness the potential Natural Treatment Systems (NTS) and other eco-prudent resource recovery technologies for water security and sustainability in India.
3. Institute of Rural Management Anand is mandated to conduct the following activities in coordination with the other partner institutes: Cost and benefit estimation of identified Natural Treatment Systems (NTS) technologies and development of a business model for a variety of Technology Packages of NTS Exploration of innovative ideas on the development and application of NTS for wastewater treatment Organization of capacity building, awareness creation, outreach and dissemination activities for promotion and propagation of NTS
4. Job Description: Research Associate (RA) would conduct field surveys on costs and benefits of NTS systems, analysis of social cost-benefits of NTS and business models of NTS technologies in India. RA is expected to make a substantive contribution in analysis, publication and coordination.
5. Eligibility: PhD in Social Sciences (Environmental Economics, Development Economics, Development Studies, Development Work or similar areas) from reputed institutes OR Post Graduate Degree in Social Sciences (Environmental Economics, Development Economics, Development Studies, Development Work or similar courses) from reputed institutes + 3 years of research experience in the relevant area + one relevant publication in UGC-CARE approved journals Remuneration and Tenure
6. The appointment will be made on a purely contractual basis. The consolidated remuneration of Rs. 47,000 will be offered per month. 8% HRA shall be given if the candidate resides outside the IRMA campus. This is a contractual position for 12 months. The general terms and conditions of employment at IRMA will be applicable.