At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
- As a SIAM (Service Integration and Management) Major Incident Manager working for a global provider of IT solutions, you will be working within a multi-supplier environment transforming into a SIAM model.
- The successful candidate will be maintaining overall Major Incident Management process and share the drive critical and complex incidents in every possible means to multi-suppliers, as well as building on the Process maturity during the transformation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- High-level ownership of the technical service restoration plan across all Vendor delivered IT services and the Resolver Group Managers involved in P1 incidents
- Coordination of technical restoration actions and plans via email, messaging, updating of P1 tickets in ITSM Tool
- Technical and Functional Escalation where necessary
- Aim is to reduce restoration time and escalation to Situation Management for P1 incidents
- Communication via various means including SMS and reporting
- Plan, coordinate and control the restoration of complex and high impact system problems that occur within the production environment
- Prioritise major incidents and assign tasks to Service Support and Delivery resources as required
- Act as the central communication point for major incidents – all Priority 1 issues and Priority 2 issues as required
- Ensures creation of a resolution plan for P1 & P2 incidents
- Understand and clearly communicate the business impact of major incidents
- Prioritise major incidents based on business impact to the client
- SIAM Major incident managers are authorised to login into any priority calls during lean periods for their own knowledge gain
- Develop strong working relationships with support and delivery teams, management and liaise with support areas as required
- Train and mentor other team members including Service Restoration Managers and Problem Managers in process and techniques used to manage major incidents across all vendors
- Providing updates / communication to senior management on the status of P1 & P2 incidents
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years of experience of running the MI across all Vendors.
- Excellent verbal communication
- Proven experience as Major Incident Manager & should have ITIL exposure.
- Proven experience in handling the Bridge calls.
- Create standardized visual design diagrams of logical infrastructure, including platform, storage, and networking information
About Business Unit
- Participate in resolving the P1 & P2 issues.
- Should participate in prioritizing the Major Incidents and assigning of tasks.
- Provide coordination across technical teams to encourage application of standards and adherence to standard based methodologies.
- Should have knowledge on current industry technologies and trends, understand the appropriateness for the application and timing of those technologies.
- SNOW tool experience
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.