Applications are invited for post-doctoral fellowships in Astronomy and Astrophysics, for durations which are typically of two years, but are extendable up to a maximum of three years based on performance.
1. Name of the Post: Post-doctoral Fellowships
2. The Post-doctoral Fellows receive a fellowship of INR 54,000/- per month, a contingency grant of INR 40,000/- per annum, rent free accommodation on campus as well as medical and other benefits as per IUCAA/Government of India norms. Facilities required for research are provided institutionally.
3. Facilities at IUCAA include a network of state-of-the-art computers, high performance computing clusters, high speed internet connections, mirror sites of important databases, a very well equipped instrumentation laboratory, and a library containing an excellent collection of books and periodicals.v
4. IUCAA operates a 2 m optical telescope, IUCAA Girawali Observatory (IGO),at Girawali which is about 80 km from the IUCAA campus. IUCAA is a partner in the Southern African Large Telescope (SALT),which is a 10 m class telescope suited for imaging and spectroscopic observations of faint and distant objects. Support is also available for guest observing from other international facilities. Further information can be obtained from the IUCAA website.
5. In addition to our regular post-doctoral positions, a few positions are available in selected research areas. The candidate should check the IUCAA web site for the list of research areas in which additional post-doctoral positions are available in a given year. (This number is periodically updated and the candidate is free to apply to multiple subject areas. More information can be obtained from email@example.com )