Job Title: Internship
Intern for Gender Responsive Governance Unit
Duties and Responsibilities
Research, Knowledge Management and Documentation:
- Provide concurrent research and documentation support for ongoing initiatives;
- Conduct literature review (peer-reviewed and grey literature), and prepare summary of findings on various sectoral/thematic issues related to decentralized planning and gender responsive governance;
- Develop a knowledge repository and annotated bibliography on GRG;
- Collate and organize knowledge resources and facilitate dissemination of the same;
- Assist in preparation of knowledge resources, communications and background material for internal and external use, including fact sheets on thematic issues as well as state specific, content for websites and social media;
- Review and edit submitted knowledge products such as narrative reports, research reports, evaluation reports etc. for projects on Gender Responsive Governance.
Project management support:
- Facilitate data and information collection with the select state governments/line departments for undertaking the project activities;
- Assist in day to day management and reporting on the project activities;
- Provide technical and logistical support for organizing workshops, meetings and consultations with relevant stakeholders;
- Participate in various meetings of the Governance unit/ UN Women, with partners and other stakeholders and prepare notes/meeting minutes/summary of proceedings;
- Update Governance Database for resource persons and partners.
- Undertake ongoing research and process documentation for the Unit and select copy edited reports including research reports, programme narrative and evaluation reports;
- Knowledge Resources and communications material including for websites and social media developed;
- Updated Governance database for Knowledge resources and partners;
- Provide support for organising trainings/events/meetings.
Learning elements required as part of Internship experience:
- Increased understanding of UN Womens work and the UN system;
- Learning different aspects of Gender Mainstreaming in Governance in an international environment;
- Increased knowledge of issues related to Gender equity, Women Empowerment and Governance;
- Meeting and networking with UN Women colleagues in other units and Government institutions;
- Work as a team member in a multicultural setting.
- Demonstrated research and analytical capacity;
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, communication and administrative skills;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks, with tight deadlines;
- Able to take initiative and work independently, with minimum supervision;
- Able to work effectively in a team and in an international environment;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty;
- Commitment to UN WOMENs vision, mission, and strategic goals.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Enrolled in a Masters programme in gender and development, social sciences, social development, public administration or related field.
Experience: Demonstrated experience, part or full-time, paid or volunteer in development, research, advocacy, and policy development.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge in Hindi;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Knowledge of language of the duty station would be considered an advantage.
UN Women Internship Policy:
- UN Women internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
- UN Women accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UN WOMEN during the period of the internship or for six months immediately following the expiration date of internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in a health insurance plan, proof of school enrolment, a scanned copy of his/her passport, two letters of recommendation, and application.
Additional Category : Gender Equality
Languages Required : English
Starting Date :(date when the selected candidate is expected to start):01-Mar-2017
Duration of Initial Contract : Six Months
Expected Duration of Assignment : Six Months
Location: New Delhi, INDIA