No. IITD/IRD/RP03816G/327106 Dated: 07/06/2021
1. Title of the Project: Development and Validation of Standalone Meter for non-invasive Salivary Glucose Quantification (RP03816G)
2. Funding Agency: Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
3. Name of the Project Investigator: Prof. Sandeep Kumar Jha [email of PI:firstname.lastname@example.org]
4. Deptt/.Centre: entre for Biomedical Engineering
5. Duration of the Project: Upto:08/08/2021
6. Post: Junior Research Fellow (1)
7. Consolidated fellowship / Payslab: Rs.31,000/-p.m. plus HRA @ 24%
A. Essential Qualifications: Candidate should have M.Sc. or M.Tech in Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/Chemistry/relevant engineering disciplines. The candidate should have atleast 70% marks in postgraduate degree. (duration of appointment extendible upto 6-8 months, on successful completion of project milestones and showing good potential for research, candidate shall be considered for regular Ph.D. position at IIT Delhi). Student should have qualified at NET/GATE*/National level exam as per IIT Delhi norms.
B. Required Skills:
i) Experience in immobilization, enzymology, biochemical techniques
ii) Having a good practical knowledge in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, gene editing, culture techniques are essential for future progression of candidate into Ph.D. program.
iii) It is essential that candidate should have worked on biosensor technologies and any publication as first/joint author shall be added advantage.
iv) Candidates not having any of above experience need not apply. The requirement of NET/GATE examination for the selection to the post of JRF may be relaxed for the candidates who have graduated from Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) with a CGPA of more than 8.000 (80% aggregate marks)