Advertisement No. SERB/CHM/BPR/170221/JRF dated March 18, 2021
1. Post Name: Junior Reserach Fellow
2. No of Post: 01
3. Type of engagement: Purely temporary
4. Name of the Project: N-Heterocyclic Carbenes Supported Anionic Sila-and Germanylidenes; Synthesis and Applications in Homogeneous Catalysis as New Ancillary Ligands
5. Qualification and experience as per MOE guidelines (F. No.12-2/2019-U1 dated January 31, 2019),F. No. 51- 07/2019-TS.VII (Vol. -II) dated October 04, 2019 or as per the guidelines of the funding agency:
Masters in Chemistry from a reputed institution/university and a good academic record. Candidates having CSIR-UGC-JRF- NET/GATE qualifications will be preferred. Preference will be given for those who have recently graduated with prior exposure in the field of molecular inorganic-(organometallic) chemistry, and organometallic synthesis/homogeneous catalysis.
6. Period of engagement: Initially for a period of one year (and can be extendable based on the performance and the availability of continued funding).
7. Fellowship/ Remuneration per month: As per the SERB norms and IISER Berhampur institute rules and regulations. Currently the consolidated fellowship is 31,000/-
8. Job requirement:
The research work is related to organic/organometallic synthesis, and ligand design. The newly developed novel systems will be employed as ligands in the synthesis of unusual organometallic complexes and their subsequent applications will be studied as new catalysts in various organic transformations. Synthetic work experience in handling air and moisture sensitive organometallic compounds is highly desirable. Candidates who are about to finish their Masters in Chemistry are also eligible to apply. We offer very attractive facilities with modern e ui ment for research work.