Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow (on contract) in Indo- Norway Joint research project entitled "Integrated Renewable Resources and Storage: Operation and Management [IReSOpM]",
i. This is a collaborative research project, jointly funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for Indian side and the Research Council of Norway (RCN) for Norwegian side.
ii. This project is a consortium of academic institution: UiA along with research company: NORCE in Norway, and academic institutions: MNNIT Allahabad, IIT Kanpur/MMMUT Gorakhpur and NIT Raipur in India.
1. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow
2. No of Post: 01
3. Essential Qualifications: M. Tech. with specialization in Power System/ Control & Instrumentation/ Power Electronics having qualified GATE examination in Electrical Engineering.
4. Desirable Experience: One year research experience in related area along with relevant publication if any.
5. Project Description:
i. There is a need for research on flexible interconnection and use of multiple energy forms (wind and solar P V),resiliency of the energy supply and semantic interoperability between different energy subsystems and demand.
ii. An increased amount of roof top PVs, and even energy storages (both electrical and thermal),demand side management, heat pumps will pose technical challenge in the distribution network due to change in load flow patterns, the power quality issue, protection, and the voltage, frequency and reactive power control.
6. Objectives of the Project:
The main focus of this work package is on research in the area of networked, distributed and cooperative control. The work package lead by MNNIT Allahabad will focus in the direction of design at control levels and communication between the energy resources in the form of networked control systems.
7. Additional Requirements: The following additional requirements will be advantageous:
i. Programming skills (Matlab, DigSilient).
ii. Strong academic skills in publication of research papers in International Journals and/or previous experience in company dedicated to smart grid products development.
iii. Experience in working on real-time simulators, particularly Opel-RT
8. Fellowship: 25,000.00 per month (Consolidated)
9. Tenure of Appointment: Appointment will be made on contract basis for a period of one year initially, which may be extended depending on the performance evaluation on yearly basis till the end of project.
10. Advertisement No-09/2021/Project Staff
28 years on the last date of application (The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates)