The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs MongoDB administrator, you will manage, maintain, and troubleshoot the company databases housed in MongoDB. If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Maintain database systems, ensuring best practice processes are followed and service levels are met.
- Support MongoDB, Oracle and SQL databases for in-house and 3rd party applications.
- Partner with application DBAs to maintain database structures, ensure optimal designs and coding practices are followed.
- Upgrades of MongoDB, Database Migrations and Updates and application of database patches.
- Develop and implement Defragmentation strategies and Index rebuilds.
- Designing DR (Disaster Recovery)/COB (Continuity of Business) plans as applicable.
- Data integration with other database (MongoDB and MySQL).
- Fine tune the configurations – mongo dB and servers for performance improvement.
- Support Automation for Configuration and management
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7+ years of database administration experience.
- 4+ years on MongoDB
- Working knowledge of Ops Manager & Compass
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Proficient to install and maintain Database Server as demanded by the business needs.
- Experience in capacity management and high availability solutions, multi-data centre environment and recommendations
- Validated knowledge of Backup and restores, Export and Import of Data to and From MongoDB
- Hands on experience in Server Performance tuning and Recommendations and Query tuning
- Working experience shell scripting and Log rotation/ maintenance
- Solid understanding of monitoring at Server, Database, and Collection Level
- Expertise in database Health checks, Database Profiling, Locks, Memory Usage, No of connections, page fault, Disk usage, CPU, Memory check Alerting, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux and hands of exposure on Linux commands and user management, CRUD
About Business Unit
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB or Cassandra,Ops manager, Compass preferred.
- Technical knowledge of Linux & Windows based platforms
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- Mongo Administration Certification preferred
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.