F.No.9(212)/2021/Estt./ Date: 07.07.2021
1. Name of the Project: DST funded project entitled “Musa Tilling: Construction of a structured high-efficient mutant resource for functional genomics and crop improvement of banana (Musa spp.)”
2. Duration of the Project: 03.02.2023
3. Name of the Post : Junior Research Fellow / Project Associate
4. Number of Post : One
5. Fellowship : as per DST guidelines (as detailed below)
a. Junior Research Fellow Rs.31,000/- + 16% HRA per month
b. Project Associate Rs.28,000/- + 16% HRA per month
a. Junior Research Fellow M.Sc. (Biotechnology) or related subjects with any National Eligibility Test
b. Project Associate M.Sc. (Biotechnology) or other related subjects with 1 – 2 years of experience in plant tissue culture
7. Project Description: Mutagenesis is a promising strategy to induce novel genetic variation and studying gene function in plant genomics research. The generation of mutagenized resources with high mutation frequencies and the development of high-throughput TILLING method is essential for the advancement of functional genomics and crop improvement studies'. This project is thus aimed to construct a highly efficient MusaTlLLlNG resource to facilitate banana improvement schemes.
8. Major responsibility:
a. The ideal candidate expected to generate embryogenic cell suspension' maintain and create a high-density mutant banana library
b. Characterize mutation frequency
c. Other molecular / analytical research works related to 1 and 2.
Not more than 35 years for men and 40 years for women for Junior Research Fellow / Project Associate. Age relaxation shall be applicable for the post as per rules.