National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) invites application for the position Project Scientist III
Applications are invited for the position of Project Scientist-III (Project) under the NBRC Flagship project entitled “Comparative Mapping of Common Mental Disorders (CMD) Over Lifespan” funded by DBT and coordinated by Director, National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, Haryana.
1. Post Name: Project Scientist III
2. No of post: 01
3. Essential Qualification :
(i) Doctoral Degree in Science or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent and
(ii) Seven years’ experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academics Institutions of Science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services.
4. Desirable qualification/experience: Ph. D. in Physics/ Maths / Engineering problems with evidence of working on interdisciplinary problems of Neuroscience/ Computational biology and strong interest in Neuroscience Or Ph. D. in Neurophysiology/ Neuroscience / with 06 years’ research experience in experiments with human psychophysics or brain imaging using EEG/ MEG/ fMRI Candidate should be competent in writing programs in MATLAB/ Python / C.
5. Emoluments : ` 78,000/- per month + 8% HRA. No other allowances / benefits will be admissible
6. Duties: Project Scientist-III (Project) will lead data collection / analysis and design of experiments using healthy and clinical populations with mental disorders, liaison with psychiatrists from AIIMS, and statistical analysis of data. Data curation, presenting research outputs in conferences and writing manuscripts for publications in reputed journals will be the desired goals.
7. Project Investigator: Dr. Arpan Banerjee, Scientist V, NBRC
8. Accommodation: Accommodation may be provided as per rules of NBRC, subject to availability.
Maximum 45 years (as on the last date of receipt of application)