Advertisement No. 30/2021
Applications are invited from suitable candidate for filling up the following position at National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB),Hyderabad.
1. Project: Therapeutic protein production in milk of farm animals to increase their affordability. Project Coordinator - Dr. Subeer S. Majumdar, PI: Dr. Nirmalya Ganguli.
2. Tenable upto: September 2024.
3. Post Name: Senior Project Associate (1 Positions)
4. Eligibility: Doctoral Degree (Ph. D.) in Life Sciences (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Etc.) from a recognised university or equivalent with experience in any of the following
5. Experience: (Candidate with prior experience in any of the following area will be preferred.)
i. Isolation and culture of mice/goat oocyte. In-vitro fertilisation of mice/goat oocyte.
ii. Retrieval of mice embryo followed by microinjection of embryo. Embryo transfer in pseudo pregnant female mice.
iii. Handling and experimentation on rodent and goat model.
iv. Generation of expression vector for genome editing (knock-out and knock-in) using CRISP – Cas9 tools,
v. Regulation of gene expression by shRNA mediated knock down,
vi. Cell sorting by FACS/MACS, single cell sorting and generation of cell lines,
vii. Isolation and culture of Stem cells, transfection and maintenance of stem cells, generation of iPSC, isolation and culture of cells from different tissue sources,
viii. Various molecular biology techniques, like RT-PCR, QRT-PCR, Immuno histochemistry, Immune cytochemistry, Droplet Digital PCR, protein purification and western blot analysis,
ix. Generation of expression vector by molecular cloning and its invitro characterisation, culture and maintenance of cell lines,
6. Fellowship amount: Rs. 42000/- PM + HRA as per the DST guidelines.
40 years (Relaxation is admissible in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government instructions).