National Institute of Technology Calicut (NIT Calicut) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow
1. Position: Junior Research Fellow
2. Duration of Engagement: Up to 14th March 2023 (on a contract basis) and extendable based on the performance of the candidate and availability of the project fund.
3. Name of the Sponsoring Agency : Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB),New Delhi
4. Name of Project: “Investigations on the Probabilistic Flood Forecasting Techniques using Medium-Range Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) Ensembles for the Chaliyar River Basin, Kerala”
5. Qualifications: ME/M.Tech in Water Resources Engineering or equivalent with GATE/NET qualification.
6. Desirable Experience: Preference will be given to the candidates having experience in Flood Forecasting, Remote Sensing & GIS. The selected candidate will be encouraged to join Ph.D. at NITC.
7. Consolidated monthly pay: Rs. 31,000 (Rupees thirty one thousand only) per month (consolidated) + 16% HRA (If applicable)
30 Years as on the date of application, with relaxation to SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government of India norms.