Applications are invited for the one post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under Department of Science and Technology (DST),under Applied Research Solar Stream, funded research project entitled ‘Concentrated Solar Air Heater with Passive Tracking Mechanism and Corrugated Receiver’ (Sanction Order No. DST/TMD/CERI/RES/2020/38(G) dated 29/07/2021). The principal investigator is Dr. Tangellapalli Srinivas, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Jalandhar. The Co-PI is Dr. Rajan Kumar, Asst. Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Jalandhar.
1. Name of the post: Junior Research Fellow
2. Number of posts: 01
3. Eligibility: Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following. (a) Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – CSIRUGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE. (b) The selection process through National level examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
4. Desirable qualification: B.Tech/B.E in Mechanical Engineering with valid GATE score and two years of research experience. Or First class with not less than 60% aggregate (or) not less than 6.5 CGPA on a 10- point scale in BE/B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering and M.Tech/ME in the specializations of Mechanical Engineering (or) Machine Design from a recognized technical institute/university as a full time program through GATE.
5. Duration: Two years
6. Consolidated Salary Fellow ship of Rs. 31,000/- pm for two-year duration. Hostel accommodation may be provided based on availability as per the Institute norms.
7. Other Benefits The selected candidate may be registered for Ph.D. at NIT Jalandhar as per the institute norms.
8. Desired skills: Knowledge on Design of Machine Elements and Thermal Systems, CAD/fabrication/manufacturing, Modeling, simulation and optimization. Solid works and animations, CFD/MATLAB Programming, Ability to write technical research articles, work on team and good communication skills
32 years as on the last date of submission of application. However, age relaxation will be given for the deserving candidates.