National Institute of Technology Rourkela (NIT Rourkela) invites application for the position Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited on prescribed format (On-line) for the temporary post of "Junior Research Fellow (JRF)” for the Project entitled “Indigenous Development of a Novel Scheme for IRS System in Ocean-liners: Numerical and Experimental Investigations” Selected candidate may enroll in Ph.D. Programme in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Rourkela based on Institute norms and regulations.
1. Project Code: SR/21/ME/058
2. Name of the Temporary Post: Junior Research Fellow
3. No of Post: 01
4. Name of the Research Project: Indigenous Development of a Novel Scheme for IRS System in Ocean-liners: Numerical and Experimental Investigations
5. Name of the Sponsoring Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
6. Tenure of the Project : 3 years( from 24-Jan-22 to 23-Jan-25)
7. Tenure of the Assignment: Three years (upon satisfactory performance)
8. Job Description: To carry out the research work (Experimental and Numerical),in the field of fluid flow and heat transfer related to infrared suppression (IRS) system. Scope to enroll as a Ph. D. Scholar in Department of Mechanical Engineering (has to satisfy Institute / Department Eligibility Criteria)
9. Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship: INR 31,000 (1st & 2nd year) and INR 35,000 (3rd year)
10. Essential Qualifications and experience: M.Tech/M.S./M.E. or equivalent in Mechanical (Thermal) or equivalent specialization with minimum 60% marks. Or B. Tech /B.E. In Mechanical Engineering with a Valid GATE score and CGPA above 8.0/10
11. Desirable Qualifications / Exp. : Valid NET / GATE Score . Expertise in ANSYS-Fluent
12 . Accommodation: Bachelor / Married accommodation in the Institute may be provided as per institute norms subject to availability.
Age below 28 is desirable