Applications are invited on prescribed format for the on-line interview for the following assignment in a purely time bound research project undertaken in the Department of Life Science of the Institute.
1. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow
2. No. of Post: 01
3. Name of the Research Project: “Biotechnological approaches of plant associated microbes for improved plant productivity and ecosystem functioning in mangrove forest of Bhitarkanika, Odisha, India
4. Tenure of the Project 3 Years
5. Tenure of the Assignment 3 Years (based on the performance) OR completion of the project, whichever is earlier
6. Job Description To carry out research work & experiments related to the project on environmental microbiology. Candidates may enroll for Ph.D. at NIT Rourkela subject to fulfillment of all the eligibility criteria.
7. Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship Rs. 31,000/- P.M. for 1st and 2nd year, Rs. 35,000/- P.M for 3rd year
8. Essential Qualifications and experience: M.Sc./M.Tech in Life Science / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Zoology/ Biotechnology / Botany / Environmental Science/ Marine Biology/ Marine Science or related subjects with 60% marks or 6.50 CGPA in 10 point scale with GATE or NET of UGC / CSIR / ICMR / DBT / ICAR candidates
9. Desirable Qualifications/ Experiences: Research experience or knowledge in environmental microbiology, bacterial biofilm, mangrove biology and coastal ecosystem will be preferred.
10. Accommodation Bachelor accommodation in the hostel will be provided and Campus accommodation may be provided to married students subject to availability.