PEC Limited was incorporated in 1971 under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 with an objective to focus on export of engineering projects and equipment specially for small and medium enterprises and to trade in international as well as in domestic markets in commodities such as agricultural products, industrial materials, chemicals and bullion. It is with the administrative jurisdiction of Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Department of Commerce). The company employed 46 regular employees. The registered office of the Company is at New Delhi. The shareholding of the Government of India in the company is 100%.
1. Post Name: Legal Consultant on "fixed term contract" basis
(i) Degree in Law from a recognized University/ Institute approved by Bar Council of India with a minimum of 50% marks. Proficiency in computer applications.
(ii)The individual should have membership of Bar Council.
3. Experience: Candidates should have post qualification experience of minimum 5 years as an advocate or as a Law Officer in handling/dealing
(i) Criminal Cases u/s 138
(ii) Commercial Arbitration
iii) NCLT/NCLAT (iv) HR related matters
4. The preference will be given to person have handled PSU cases and having experience in Minimum 2 of the above field is required.,
5. No. of Post: 01
a) To conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters. To provide the much legal assistance while dealing with some particular legal tasks, litigations, contracts, dispute resolution and guide on taking an appropriate decision. Responsible for providing legal advice to the management. Legal vetting and drafting of all legal documents viz. Contract, Agreement, Lease, Bank Guarantee, etc. To study the pleadings of courts received by petitioner/advocates and legal vetting /drafting of reply/affidavit.
b) To provide legal opinion whenever required by the company. Liaison/follow up with external panel advocates and authorized representative of the PEC Limited reserves the right not to fill the above position without assigning any reasons. company in connection with cases pending in various courts/tribunals. Examining the judgements/orders and advise company to ensure timely action thereupon. Liaise/ follow-up with various Government Department to ensure statutory compliance. To look after any other assigned matters of the Company.
7. Remuneration: The selected candidate will get monthly remuneration of Rs. 45,000/-(all inclusive).
8. Tenure of Appointment: Initially for 01 (one) year. The contract could be extended further depending on assessment of performance and depending on the requirement. The contract can be terminated by either side at any time, by giving one month’s notice. The management can terminate the contract immediately, by paying one month’s agreed remuneration in lieu of the notice period.
9. The appointee shall be on the whole time appointment of the PEC Limited, Delhi and shall not accept any other assignment, paid or otherwise and shall not engage himself/herself in a private practice of any kind during the period of contract. He/She is expected to conform to the rules of conduct and discipline as applicable to the institute employees.
10. Leave: He / She shall be eligible for 12 days' leave in a calendar year on pro-rata basis. Therefore, he/she shall not draw any remuneration in case of his/her absence beyond 12 days in a year (calculated on pro-rata basis). Also un-availed leave in a calendar year cannot be carried forward to next calendaryear.
11. Annual Increment: He/she shall be entitled to 5% annual increment in remuneration.
12. TA/DA: No travelling or other allowances will be paid to the candidate for appearing in written examination/ interview or for joining the post.
13. Other allowances: No other facilities like DA, accommodation, telephone, conveyance/transport, LTC etc. would be admissible.
14. The employment will be strictly contractual and can be cancelled at any time without assigning any reason.
Not over 63 years as on 30.09.2021.