Project Management Unit Officer Jobs Opening in INTERNATIONAL POTATO CENTER at Delhi-Others, Delhi
- This position provides project operations support to CIP Project Leaders and Research for Development projects worldwide. It will assist in the coordination of programmatic, logistical, and consulting support.
- The position is an integral member of the Project Management Unit and other Operations teams collaborating and coordinating with Regional Directors, Program Leaders, Country Managers, and Project Leaders to deliver successful completion of agreed-to project deliverables, on time and in budget, to donors and customers.
- This position will assist in ensuring that project staff follow CIP policies and procedures while adhering to donor rules and regulations while acting as the liaison between project field offices and Lima-based interdepartmental teams (i.e., Finance, HR, Grants and Contracts, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Proposal Development Team) to ensure projects are successful. This position includes up to 20% travel to field sites.
- This position will be based in New Delhi, India
- Implementation and Compliance
- Serve as primary point of contact for Operational support units during and after the life of the project.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal CIP Programs, CGIAR Initiatives, Regions, and operations managers and other internal partner stakeholders.
- In support of the CIP Institutional Budget life cycle, coordinate with Project Leader the preparation of portfolio annual project work plans and quarterly implementation plans taking in consideration potential carry over analysis.
- Support Unit leadership in review of annual staff allocations to projects.
- Support Unit leadership with the coordination and preparation of start-up meeting agenda and minutes, done in coordination with Project Leader and all relevant CIP internal units. Ensures proper monitoring of follow up or identified action items.
- Support Project Leaders with finalization and monitoring of project risk register and upload to country risk register.
- Support Project Leaders with drafting of partner workplans and budgets.
- Travel to new project locations or countries, as required, to lead the efficient and effective project start-up and close out processes.
- Monthly tracking of projects’ annual budgets and forecast while working with project management to explain variance and make needed programmatic course corrections if necessary.
- Review Project Status Reports to ensure strong monthly financial oversight, including correct staff time allocation.
- Review invoices from project partners, challenge or approve as appropriate
- Supports Project Leaders with contractual management, linked to the Grants and Contracts unit
- Supports Unit leadership in close of year annual review of implementation trends or bottlenecks.
- Support Unit leadership with the coordination and preparation of close-out meeting agenda and minutes, done in coordination with Project Leader and all relevant CIP internal units. Ensures proper monitoring of follow up or identified action items to ensure proper close out.
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Responsible for leading, in support of Project Leaders, quarterly technical and financial progress reviews against yearly workplan, milestones, deliverables, and budgets to determine implementation rate within country context.
- Support Project Leader with partner communications and implementation; including monitoring, report submission and approval of payments.
- Identification of projects deviating from original implementation curve, providing feedback and identifying action steps needed to achieve project objectives and delivery.
- Assist project team with management and implementation of project deliverables
- Support the Project Leader with monitoring of procurement plans and approval of internal purchase requisitions.
- Lead internal review process for approval and preparation of workplan or budget donor modification requests in communication with relevant CIP internal units.
- Internal knowledge of project compliance matrix under project portfolio is required.
- Support PIs in completing and submitting (via The Office of Grants and Contracts) all Donor required reports coordinating with CIP internal units as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Project Management the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan per donor requirements
- Regularly champion project successes through stories, website postings, Past Performance Reports, flyers and corporate capability statements
- Organize and maintain institutional shared knowledge portals for supporting projects (KM Hub, websites).
- Ensure consistent and proper use of the International Potato Center brand.
- Liaise with donors, partners and collaborators to exchange necessary project information.
- Coordinate with Program Leaders to communicate relevant project information throughout the organization.
- Supports the Head of PMU in coordinating PMU staff. Contributes to performance evaluation and development of PMU staff.
- Supports the Head of PMU in gathering and analyzing data through statistical analysis and writing reports that can offer management effective solutions for projects.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Financial Management or related field.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Experience working with international donors is essential.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
- Advanced Knowledge in software solutions (ERP)
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Recognized as results-oriented team player who is adaptable to changing business needs and capable of contributing to the team’s success effectiveness.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
What are the conditions?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- The position is local thus limited to Indian nationals and permanent residents.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
More information about this Project Management Unit Officer Job
Please go through the below FAQs to get all answers related to the given Project Management Unit Officer job
- What are the job requirements to apply for this Project Management Unit Officer job position?
- Ans: A candidate must have a minimum of 3+ year experience as an Project Management Unit Officer
- What is the qualification for this job?
- Ans: The candidate can be a Graduate from any of the following: B.Com, BA
- What is the hiring Process of this job?
- Ans: The hiring process all depends on the company. Normally for an entry level, hiring the candidate has to go for Aptitude, GD (If they look for communication),Technical test and face to face interviews.
- This Project Management Unit Officer is a work from home job?
- Ans: No ,its not a Work from Home Job.
- How many job vacancies are opening for the Project Management Unit Officer position?
- Ans: There are immediate 1 job openings for Project Management Unit Officer in our Organisation.
The International Potato Center (CIP) was founded in 1971 as a research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato and andean roots and tubers. It delivers innovative science-based solutions to enhance access to affordable nutritious food, foster inclusive sustainable business and employment growth, and drive the climate resilience of root and tuber agri-food systems. Headquartered in Lima, Peru, CIP has a research presence in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
CIP is a CGIAR research center, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to transforming food, land and water systems in a climate crisis. Its research is carried out by 13 CGIAR Centers/Alliances in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector.