About the role:
- The successful candidates will be field-based job-research assistants (physical location to be decided) and will report
to the Project Manager.
- The position will be based at the project site in Morni, Panchkula in Haryana..
• Conduct, analyze and document the experiment’s findings to contribute with the internal discussion and potential publication
• Supervise research activities in different settings to guarantee the implementation and execution of the experiment are being followed correctly.
• Support on administration and logistics operations to guarantee an effective supply chain for the projects’ needs.
• Conduct statistical research analysis outlining conclusions for supervisors to contribute with the draft paper’s elaboration.
• Produce technical reports for the supervisor in order to inform the progress of the project.
• Support first-level analysis of data to guarantee the results are accurate and complete.
• Advises growers on crop management, advising on problems and alternative solutions, and providing technical and planning
• Train the staff and farmers on integrated crop management practices.
• Comply with applicable health and safety CIP policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy specialized in Horticulture, vegetables, or other related areas.
• At least 3-years of work experience in field crops preferably in potato involving research for development.
• Ability to motivate seed grower base from Apical rooted Cuttings (ARC) and build their confidence in their crops
• Strong in analytical and statistical skills.
• Willingness to travel with Haryana State and occasionally render service beyond normal working hours.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi (knowledge of regional languages would be an advantage).
What are we offering?
• Great career opportunity in an international organization.
• Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
• One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.