TISS Invited Application For The Post Of Research Associate
No. of position: One
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Engage with Education Technology based initiative for government schools and teacher professional development
2. Work closely with the Implementation leads and coordinate with other groups of the project to plan, manage, execute, monitor, report and document and support the process of field implementation in their districts
3. Research and documentation on various themes of field intervention
4. Liaise with government departments for implementation, expansion, collaborations
5. Contribute and participate in orientation programmes that may be held in connection with the initiative and would help the on-ground implementation.
6. To be flexible and responsive to ongoing field implementation needs and issues, and resolve them in a timely manner, in collaboration with the state team.
7. Coordinate/ organize orientations/programs, as necessary.
8. Take up capacity building or teaching or other assignments as may be decided by the State lead
Qualifications: Post-graduate (MA in Education, MA in Development Study and MA/MSc in Public Policy) or in equivalent field/discipline
• Interest in ICT in Education, MOOCs
• Attention to details
• Willingness to work in uncertain/dynamic environments
• Knowledge of Statistics and Data Analysis
Experience (3 years +): Working with field teams involving coordination etc, preferably in school education and teacher training
Skills & Competencies:
1. Knowledge of field issues in education and familiarity with technology use in education
2. Project management and Ability to support field teams and partners
3. Written and verbal skills in Hindi & English. Fluency in Hindi speaking is must
4. Self-motivation and ability to multi-task and deal with stressful situations
5. Ability to undertake extensive field travel and for extended periods of time
6. Knowledge and familiarity with technology and education technology and large-scale reform
7. Working knowledge of Word Processor, Spreadsheet, and Presentation
Remuneration: Gross monthly remuneration for the position will be Rs 40,000 -45,000. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
Location: Chhattisgarh (Frequent travel to intervention districts/schools of Chhattisgarh and Mumbai/Bangalore offices)
Application fee: The application fee of Rs 1000/- to be paid online. The SC/ST/PWD candidates are required to pay fees of Rs. 250/- if they attach the required certificate to the online application form. The women candidates are waived from the payment of application fees. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.