At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs SAP Basis Migration Specialist, you are responsible to do seamless SAP technical migrations with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. It is very important to complete the SAP migrations within the downtime approved from customer. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters. Responsibilities:
If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, we at IBM provide an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment - development, test, training and production
- Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance
- Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum experience of 8-11 years in SAP migrations
- Prior experience in full implementation lifecycles of SAP migrations.
- Validated SAP Basis foundation with Windows Server working knowledge required for SAP installations and Migrations
- Proficient in UNIX OS for SAP installations and Migrations.
- Any Two Database working knowledge (Oracle/MS-SQL/DB2/Sybase/SAP HANA).
- Hands-on experience of SAP Migration methodologies and SAP product installations using the latest SAP tools
- Expertise in SAP Migration tools and techniques used during SAP migrations.
- SAP HANA migrations (Optional).
- Experience of SAP migrations in heterogeneous and homogeneous environment.
- Able to work independently on SAP migrations.
- Validated technical directions quickly and execute it.
- Ability to work with multiple ongoing projects which are at different stages coordinating.
- Solid background in technical analysis and requirements gathering and solid understanding of the SAP.
About Business Unit
- SAP OS/DB migration certified.
- Proven verbal, written, organizational and technical documentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP HANA in-Memory Platform core technology, including architecture, landscape design, installation, upgrades, performance tuning, and system integration.
- Experience of implementation and conversion for S/4HANA solutions
- BOBJ installs, migrations and upgrades with Heterogeneous migration experience a plus
- SAP Upgrades is desirable
- Any third-party products migrations like BSI, Vertex, RWD uPerform, Redwood will be an added advantage
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.