Advertisement No. Acad. / 10 / 2021
1. National Brain Research Centre (Nbrc) invites application for the position of “Senior R&D Engineer (Project)” in MeitY funded project titled “Artificial Intelligence for Early Predictive Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease using Multi-Modal Imaging Data”.
2. Applications are invited for the position of Senior R&D Engineer (Project) in the laboratory of Prof. Pravat K. Mandal at National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, India. The scientific interest of the lab is to identify early in vivo biomarkers for neurodegenerative disorders, particularly Alzheimer’s disease and imaging based database “ANSH”. The lab uses multi-modal neuroimaging techniques, i.e. magnetic resonance imaging (MRI),functional MRI (fMRI),and magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) to investigate the associated structural, functional, and neurochemical brain alterations, respectively. Please see the research page of Prof. Pravat K. Mandal for various research activities
3. Name of the position: Senior R&D engineer (Project)
4. No. of Post: 01
5. Emoluments: 45,000/- p.m. (consolidated) (No other allowances are applicable).
6. Essential qualification
a. M. Tech. / M. E. in Electronic & Communication / Electrical / Computer Science OR
b. B. Tech. / B. E. in Electronic & Communication / Electrical / Computer Science with three-years’ experience after B. Tech. / B. E.
c. Minimum 60% marks from matriculation onwards.
7. Desirable Qualification / Experience
a. Multi-model image processing/pattern recognition/Artificial Intelligence in medical imaging.
b. Ability to multitask, effective project leadership and management.
c. Knowledge and experience with Neuroimaging, and MR Spectroscopy will be added advantage.
d. Excellent scientific communication and writing skills is highly desirable.
e. Experience with Imaging data analysis tools viz., MATLAB, IDL, and R software.
8. Mandatory requirement: Statement of Purpose (SOP) (minimum 250 words) indicating your research interests /expertise. Candidate should indicate how his / her experience / expertise will help ongoing research activities of the Neuroimaging and Neurospectroscopy laboratory (please check the lab web page)
9. Job Responsibilities: The candidate will help for ANSH data base development in consultation with the Principal Investigator. He/she will design specific projects on Neuroscience research, including the selection of appropriate methods and techniques on MRI/MRS/fMRI data and. In some cases, the candidate may be expected to supervise/help team members or technicians regarding the technical aspects of the research, including methods development, trouble-shooting problems, interpreting results and planning follow-up experiments
10. Project Investigator: Prof. Pravat K. Mandal For academic questions, send email to email@example.com
11. Tenure: The tenure will be for a period of one year initially and may be extended on performance review. The post is co-terminus with the project. Selected candidates should abide by the rules and regulations of NBRC.
12. Accommodation: Accommodation may be provided as per rules of NBRC, subject to availability
The upper age limit shall be 35 years as on the closing date for receipt of application.