Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) invites application for the position Senior Research Fellowship
1. Post: Senior Research Fellowship
2. No of Post: 02
3. Duration: 3 years
4. Funding Agency: CCRUM, Ministry of AYUSH
5. Project Title: Targeting Alzheimer disease by a mixture of Unani plant extract via modulation of human kinase
6. Project Description: Interested candidates are welcome to apply for SRF for a comprehensive drug discovery project aimed to discover potential kinase inhibitors from Unani medicine. A strong connection exists between phosphorylation and tau pathology has laid the foundation to hunt for tau kinase inhibitors as potential therapeutics. We believe that one of the most promising kinases that should be targeted those initiate tau phosphorylation cascade. In this project, we aimed to identify potent kinase inhibitors in the extract of mixture of Unani medicine plant extract. The selected mixture of the extract will be further tested that how efficiently it could attenuate hyper-phosphorylation of tau, and thus clears the tau-mediated aggregates indifferent neuronal human cell lines. Our integrated approach will be key in identifying novel kinase inhibitors for therapeutic management of MARK4-related tauopathies, Alzheimer disease, and neuro-inflammation.
7. a) Essential Qualification for SRF 1 (Biological Science): Applicant with expertise in Molecular Biology/Cell Biology/Structural Biology/Bioinformatics and good command in oral and written communication skills in English will be given preference.
b) Essential Qualification: M. Sc. in any stream of Biological Science with at least 55% marks and Two Years of research experience. Preference will be given to NET/GATE qualifiers.
c) Essential Qualification for SRF 2 (Unani Medicine): Applicant with postgraduate in Unani Medicine and good command in oral and written communication skills in English will be given preference.
d) Essential Qualification: MD in Unani Medicine or BUMS from a recognized Statutory Board/ University included in the 2nd schedule of the CCIM Act 1970 with two years of experience as JRF/equivalent post in any project