Summary: We are searching for a talented Email Marketing Specialist who is responsible for the day-to-day, hands-on execution of email marketing campaigns.
From production (setup, testing, launching and post-campaign analysis) to strategy (scale, forecasting and segmentation).
This is a cross functional role, in which the incumbent would work with the Marketing team to drive customer demand, more signups and ensure their engagement.
You should have amazing communication skills, be super organized and feel comfortable working quickly and independently.
- Manage email marketing campaigns end-to-end, including conceptualization, planning, targeting, scheduling, set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization, reaching prospects and existing customers.
- Set-up of mailing infrastructure.
- Validate email functionality and appearance across browsers and platforms.
- Ensuring the email program aligns with strategies and tactics across channels: social, mobile, web, search engine marketing, retargeting, remarketing etc.
- Produce email campaigns including, but not limited to, lead generation/prospecting, loyalty/retention programs, newsletters, customer service surveys, Transactional, Notification, feedback forms, internal communications and sales/product promotions.
- Develop and maintain an email marketing calendar.
- Testing rendering across multiple email clients and ISPs (Outlook, Google, Hotmail, etc.).
- Use measurement tools and computer software to create mass email campaigns and monitor subscriptions according to spam regulations.
- Analytics and benchmarking you will be responsible for tracking the success of email marketing activity and providing detailed reports of deliverability, list size and email engagement (open and click behavior) etc.
- Regular A/B split and multivariate testing for ongoing optimization.
- Perform email optimization using tools like MX- Toolbox, Return Path etc.
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/complaint rates and ensure spam regulation compliance (e.g. CAN-SPAM)
- Design, Coding, HTML/CSS of emails.
- Capture new customers to drive the list growth and continue to drive email acquisition through all channels.
- Create data-driven, dynamic email campaigns and tests that deliver against ROI targets through a highly segmented customer base.
- Managing suppression lists and opt in-opt out requests and ensuring overall compliance.
- Troubleshoots technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution, as required.
- Develop trigger, recurring, dynamic content-driven based email program targeted towards specific campaigns and events in customer lifecycle.
- Analyze email marketing key performance indicators (KPIs) to continuously optimize email programs, including key components of each campaign, such as lists, offers, messaging, creative, deliverability, open rates, click through rates, conversion, incremental revenue lift, engagement and retention.
- Develop high quality and consumer engaging content and optimize content for search engine and lead generation.
- Actively participate in blogging and article creation for email marketing techniques for e-Commerce stores.
- Quality Check all campaigns right from the creation phase, testing and to the final deployment of the plan & ensuring all email campaigns comply with current email best practice in the industry.
- Handle our Wordpress blog/sites and own all day-to-day tasks including Content or media changes, managing plugins, identifying issues (such as high page load time etc.) and resolving them working with the tech team.
- Activities are in line with the SMO/SEO/Design team strategies and link cultivation activity.
Desired Skills and Experience
Minimum 2 years of experience in email marketing & Analytics at an e-Commerce company/ digital marketing agency.
2 years+ proven and successful consumer email experience with email platforms (e.g. phpList, Amazon SES, Sendgrid, Mailchimp, Responsys, Silverpop, Survey monkey etc).
Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
Experience working and have a desire to work with a B2B startup/ for e-commerce portals is a big plus.
Technical expert, administrator and main user for the third party email service providers application.
Should have a knack for good design and content required for effective email campaigns & have handled Internet / Online campaigns
Good understanding of database concepts and segmentation.
Experience of Google Analytics - goal setting, traffic source, and content analysis should all be familiar terms and can derive marketing effect on traffic.
Knowledge of Deliverability Issues and blacklisting of bounces & Unsubscribe.
Good hand on experience to fix rendering issues in all email domains.
Should be aware of email marketing formats/layouts/designs for Mobile, desktop & Tablet.
Understand CAN-SPAM requirements, email design best practices, inbox deliverability and tools such as Return Path etc.
Knowledge of HTML/CSS/Photoshop is a must for being able to modify/design simple newsletters.
Should be creative, dynamic & Effective written communication skills.
Past experience with leads nurturing, marketing automation, web management, or other technical role supporting customer-facing programs.
Experience with email tools (NCR, Exact Target, etc.) & marketing automation tools (e.g. Act-On, Marketo etc) highly desired.
Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics, specifically A/B testing and ROI analysis
Competency in Adobe Creative Suite with ability to create compelling and effective email designs.
Knowledge in Responsive Coding will be a plus.
Strong in Research & Development (R&D).
Manage social media day-to-day activities including Create, publish & share creative & engaging posts & relevant content topics (images, video and written). Monitor, listen and respond to users in a Social way at Face Book, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn etc while cultivating leads and sales would be a plus.
Email Marketing Social Media Marketing Event Planning HTML Emails ExactTarget Marketing Strategy InDesign Email Strategy Newsletters Market Research Web Design MailChimp User Experience Strategic Planning Direct Mail Email Marketing Software Adobe Illustrator