Purpose of Role
In this role, you will provide maintenance of the computer desktop, server environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the
Brennan IT Service desk function. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the customers PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations. Brennan Managed Service clients, Brennan IT engineers and staff.
To ensure all contracted levels of performance are achieved and SLA’s as agreed are met. Will have end to end accountability of logging incident, service desk toll free number calls/overflow, operational transactions, resolutions of the issues during shift and shall be responsible to continuously improve the Efficiency and Excellence of Service Delivery as measured by Client Satisfaction ratings.Key Skills - Essential
This role requires the follow Competencies and Experience;
- Must have 2-6 Years of experience in IT Helpdesk or IT Service Desk – Global Support, or Desktop Support.
- Any graduate/pursuing graduate.
- Must be able to learn and support new and quickly changing technologies.
- Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good work habits under pressure.
- Familiarity with a wide range of standard office automation products.
- High energy level.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have a good command of the English language in order to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support.
The following Competencies and Experience would be an advantage in this role;
- ITIL V3 Foundations certified.
- Previous experience in MSP helpdesk.
- Good understanding of ITSM.
Whilst your day to day activities will vary to meet your Roll’s Mission, KPIs and the operational requirements of the job, we envisage the following key activities being required to achieve success in the position;
Key Qualifications -Essential
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with on boarding of new users for customers
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Track, route and redirect problems to correct resources
- Update customer data and produce activity reports
- Walk customers through problem solving process
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure
- Recommended procedure modifications or improvements
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services.
This role requires the following Qualifications;
Must have a good command of the English language in order to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support. Desirable
The following Qualifications would be an advantage for this role;
ITIL Service Management accreditation