Need a Institute/Coaching Class?
IT Courses / Govt Exam Preparation
Higher Studies / Studies Abroad
· Accountable for patient care in the assigned area/ ward
· Makes a complete assessment of all assigned patients on admission / at the beginning of the shift so as to plan the activities in order of priority while applying principles of safe patient care.
· Provides complete Nursing care - periodic Vital recording, Bed making, Medication administrations, ECG, IV & Blood transfusions, personal requirements of the patient.
· Maintains patients hygiene and health.
· Practices infections controls measures to protect the patient from acquiring or spreading infection. Demonstrates awareness of potential/actual risks of infection and modes of transmission. Utilizes universal precautions in nursing practice.
· Maintain continuity through clear and concise (verbal and written) communication.
· Maintains the required quantity of medicines and medical consumables in the ward.
· Takes responsibility for caring for all equipment and furniture and other related items in the unit realizing the need for cost-effective and safe nursing care.
· Demonstrates willingness to adjust the work pattern as directed by the superiors. Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient and family.
· Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel as required without delay.
· Implements emergency life resuscitative measures according to BLS & ACLS protocols.
· Documents patient care in a manner that is clear, complete, concise, and in compliance with nursing documentation standards.
· Undertakes Patient and Attendants education, utilizing appropriate resources and documents in collaboration with the Nurse patient Educator.
· Participates actively in the unit-based and organizational quality management and/or quality improvement programs.
· Provides a safe environment for patients, staff, family and visitors.
· Performs nursing procedures and Administers medications safely and efficiently according to established policies and procedures and doctors' advice
· Uses equipment safely and efficiently and takes responsibility of the inventory of the unit as directed by the unit in charge.
· Upholds the nursing code of ethics and acts as a role model to other staff members.
· Facilitates smooth discharge as per the protocols and doctors' advice.
Start your preparation now with P3 and increase your success probabiltiy.