Summer Internship Jobs in Shillong - NIT Meghalaya
Job Title: Summer Internship
National Institute of Technology Meghalaya (NIT Meghalaya) is offering Summer Internship programme for the session June-July, 2107. The main objective of this programme is to encourage the bright and well-motivated students of different institutions to pursue an innovative research and development project work under the guidance of faculty members of NIT Meghalaya. Therefore, applications are invited from various Institutions across the country for this programme. The internship is available in the following departments:
CSE : Computer Science & Engineering
MA : Mathematics
ECE : Electronics & Communication Engineering
PH : Physics
EE : Electrical Engineering
CH : Chemistry
CE : Civil Engineering
HSS : Humanities & Social Sciences
ME : Mechanical Engineering
MS: Management Studies
- B. Tech.: Completed five/ six semesters in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- M. Tech.: Completed at least two semesters in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- B. Sc.: Completed at least two years/four semesters in one of the following disciplines: Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics.
- M. Sc.: Completed at least one year/two semesters in one of the following disciplines: Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics.
- M. A.: Completed at least one year/two semesters (Discipline: English only).
- BBA: Completed at least four semesters.
- MBA/MCA: Completed at least two semesters.
Duration: The internship shall be for a period of 6 to 7 weeks between 1st June and 25th July, 2017.
Selection Process: Selection of applications will be based on the recommendations of concerned supervisors. Moreover, NIT Meghalaya reserves the right to accept or reject an application without assigning any reason thereof. List of shortlisted candidates and concerned supervisors will be published in the institute website by April 25, 2017.
Caution Money: Selected candidates have to deposit Rs. 2500/- as a caution money which is refundable only after the successful completion of the internship. Details of payment process will be uploaded with list of shortlisted candidates in institute website.
Accommodation and Mess Charges: Shared accommodation will be provided in student’s hostel on payment basis. Maintenance charge of Rs. 750/- will be charged for those who shall be opting for hostel accommodation. The amount will be deducted from the caution money. Also, the candidates shall have to bear their mess expenses as per the existing rate in the hostel mess.