Systems Analyst 4-Support(SME Oracle DBA)
Role: Oracle Database Administrator
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Title: Sr. Advanced Support Engineer, Global Delivery, India (Oracle DBA)
The Advanced Customer Services (ACS) is a unit within the Oracle's Customer Service Organization that establishes long-term relationships with many of Oracle's customers through annuity-based service contracts and project based one-time services. ACS services team sells from a broad IT-services portfolio both in fixed price and T&M basis. ACS services are typically requested by large Oracle customers that require the utmost attention to real mission critical applications and processes. ACS covers the majority of large scale Oracle customers.
Oracle Advanced Customer Services provides unmatched, tailored support that ensures organization's Oracle technology investments deliver the cutting-edge innovation and performance your business requires to compete, all while coexisting within your IT environment.
ACS is industry-leading expertise with the highest customer satisfaction to support organization's business every step of the way.
Detailed Description And Job Requirements
- Available to work in 24X7 capability.
- Strong Performance tuning skills - Query level tuning / DB tuning / Memory level tuning.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Database, Goldengate, Exadata, Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM, Data guard, Backup & Recovery etc.
- Strong DBA skills and relevant working experience with Oracle Database 11g and 12c.
- Experience implementing high availability features of Oracle Database.
- Experience in Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 11g/12c/13c is a plus.
- Knowledge on DB Security viz. AVDF, DB Vault, Oracle Key Vault, e-Wallet, TDE would be added advantage.
- Sharp technical troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of support processes.
- Ability to manage escalated technical situations & develop action plans.
- Ability to spot proactive services that benefit of customer.
- Ability to facilitate issues with Development and Support.
- Strong analytical skills.
- 7 years of experience with Oracle Database as an DBA/Consultant/Support Engineer.
- BE/BTech and/or MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- Oracle OCP DBA / OCI / ADB Certification - Preferred.
- Some travel may be required (10-25%)
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown),critical customer issues. Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction. Both a Bachelor
- s and Master
- s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, experience with Oracle
- s core products, applications, and tools.
Regular Employee HireOrganization: