Eligibility : MSc
Location : Bangalore
Last Date : 30 Sep 2016
Salary : 20000 - 25000 Rs Per Month
Experience Required: Freshers
Hiring Process : Face to Face Interview
JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The TO will report administratively, on a day-to-day basis to the Director and Head of the concerned TB Lab and shall functionally be under the direct supervision of FIND Indias Technical Team, as well as the TB Lab-in-Charge.
The TO will assist the Technical Team and the Microbiologist in-Charge of rapid diagnostics with the implementation of WHO approved newer TB diagnostics, including the diagnosis of drug resistance. S/he will coordinate with the Director and Head of RNTCP TB Laboratory for Culture & Drug Susceptibility Testing (C& DST), concerned national reference laboratories and FIND Indias technical and administrative staff, to ensure the smooth implementation of Rapid TB Diagnostics at the designated TB Lab.
(1) Providing technical support to assist the C& DST lab in expansion of the full range of newer TB diagnostic activities for rapid diagnosis of TB including drug resistant TB;
(2) Testing of patient specimens on LPA and LC at the lab in a timely manner;
(3) Managing clinical and laboratory aspects of the lab and ensuring collection, recording and reporting of clean, quality data;
(4) Supporting the Director and Head of TB Laboratory in planning and scaling up of quality assured Line Probe Assay (LPA) and Liquid Culture (LC) with Rapid Speciation (RS) using lateral flow immune chromatographic assay for MDR-TB diagnosis;
(5) Acquiring expertise in approved newer diagnostics tests such as LPA, LC and RS;
(6) Implementing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for TB laboratories, including SOPs for specific aspects of LPA, LC and RS and specifications for equipment, infection control, etc, to ensure Good Laboratory Practices (GLP);
(7) Ensuring proficiency in the identified newer TB diagnostics at the allotted site before they are applied for patient care under RNTCP. Also maintenance of ongoing proficiency in these diagnostics, ensuring accuracy of results being communicated to the TB patient;
(8) Providing support to the Lab-in-Charge for all laboratory operations including regular MIS functioning, maintenance of all lab equipments, logistics of various lab consumables, etc.;
(9) Supervising and supporting the lab technicians at the lab, in day-to-day activities connected with newer TB diagnostics, ensuring quality control;
(10) Assisting the Lab in-Charge in providing monthly / quarterly and annual reports in the prescribed formats on activities, achievements, challenges and recommendations;
(11) Urgently reporting all adverse events in laboratory functioning to the Lab in-Charge and FIND India Technical Team;
(12) Liaising and facilitating with the FIND India technical team on all technical matters relating to laboratory functioning in consultation with the Lab-in-Charge;
(13) Undertaking any other job assigned by state authorities and the FIND India technical team, as per project need.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Masters in Science with a specialization in Microbiology/ Medical Microbiology/ Applied Microbiology/ Clinical Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Medical Biotechnology, or higher qualification.
Candidates with experience in Rapid TB Diagnostics or Molecular Techniques shall be given preference.
Skills and Attitude:
(1) Good oral and written communication skills;
(2) Strong team orientation;
(3) Ability to work independently, with minimum handholding and supervision;
(4) Energetic, resilient and passionate;
(5) Professional, mature and confident.
Gross compensation budgeted for the position on a cost to organization (CTO) basis is Rs.3 lacs per annum. Please note that gross compensation is fully taxable.
(Note: Candidates shall be working on the payroll of SAMS, a leading HR Agency for the health and development sectors in India).
NATURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The selected candidate shall be initially offered one-year consultancy contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
Note: This posting is done directly & exclusively on Freshersworld.com.
We do not entertain any unsolicited calls or enquiries from any consultants, other portals or TPOs.