TERI is seeking a Project Associate/Research Associate to join the Centre for Global Environment Research (CGER) team in India. This position provides a unique opportunity for those willing to be at the forefront of cutting-edge research in the field of climate change mitigation and interlinked developmental issues. The candidate will be primarily responsible for contributing to work under several projects being undertaken with the government, bilateral and multilaterals. She/he is expected to work closely with international, national and regional stakeholders to help understand climate change mitigation issues, domestic policies and actions at national/sub-national level to mainstream processes that would enable planning, implementation and mainstreaming of climate mitigation efforts.
Work closely with the team and execute key responsibilities as following:
- Carry-out grounded research on climate change mitigation, policies and transparency frameworks
- Execute consultancy based projects on mitigation such as developing GHG inventories at national/sub-national level, MRV frameworks for assessing GHG impacts of policies and actions, etc.
- Assistance in sub-national work including revision of State Action Plan on Climate Change (SAPCC),low carbon strategy and implementation roadmap
- Research on best practices on climate change mitigation, carbon neutrality, GHG inventory management and help compile case studies
- Helping to write up project documents, working papers, journal articles and blogs
- Provide technical input for capacity development training tools and material for regional and national stakeholders on climate change mitigation
- Providing support to other CGER projects as and when required
Experience: 2 - 3 years
Qualification: Master-s Degree in Environmental Science, Climate Science and Policy or related fields
- Exceptional research and writing skills
- Prior knowledge of climate change mitigation and existing global, national and regional policy frameworks. These include UNFCCC processes, NAPCC, SAPCC, NATCOM/BUR amongst others.
Salary: Rs. commensurate with experience and skills