Other duties may be assigned.
• Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes
product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
• Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of
• Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
• Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to
machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
• Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
• Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design
modifications regarding construction and function of part.
• Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches
design of product.