Recruitment Of Chief Economist On Fixed Term Engagement On Contract Basis Join India’s International Bank For A Challenging Assignment
1. Post Name: Chief Economist
2. No. of vacancy: 01
3. Educational Qualification: A Master’s Degree in Economics with specialization in monetary economics or Econometrics from a recognized Indian / Foreign University. Doctorate degree in Economics / Banking / Finance from a recognized University will be preferable
4. Work Experience:
Minimum 10 years of experience of working as Economist in a Commercial Bank / Financial Institution or other reputed Corporate / Rating Agencies / Organizations or Teaching Experience in Economics in a college / University. Publication in leading financial journals / books will be an added advantage.
5. Compensation: Remuneration will be offered based on candidate’s qualifications, experience and overall suitability for the post, and shall not be a limiting factor for suitable candidates.
6. Nature of Engagement: Contractual Engagement.
7. Tenure of Engagement: 3 years, extendable at the option of the Bank or till attaining the age of 62 years, whichever earlier
8. Location of Posting: The location of posting shall be Mumbai. The candidate may be deputed to work with the team(s) within the Bank/ any subsidiary of the Bank, if deemed necessary.
9. Credit History: The candidate applying for the above positions shall ensure that, they maintain a healthy Credit history and shall have a minimum CIBIL score of 650 or above at the time of joining. The minimum credit score will be as per the Banks policy, amended from time to time.
10. Role & Responsibilities
i. Leading a team at Economic Intelligence Unit at the Bank’s Corporate Centre, Mumbai.
ii. Providing strategic inputs on macroeconomic and banking developments - India and global to the Top Management of the Bank.
iii. Providing inputs on strategy and policy of the Bank based on macroeconomic developments. He / She will also be responsible for maintaining Investors’ Relations function.
iv. Pivotal role in policy formulation, analysis and communicating to the outside world and has to be well conversant in Banking / financial / investment / economic policy domain.
v. Periodic analysis & presentation of the business profile of the Bank to its Stakeholders, Media and Public.
vi. Any other assignment as may be assigned by the Bank from time to time
11. Job Specific Skills:
i. Should possess expertise and in depth understanding of Domestic & Foreign Economic scenario, macroeconomic indicators, structural changes in the economy.
ii. Understanding of Govt economic policies, laws and regulations, fiscal and monetary policies etc. which plays important role in the growth of the Bank.
iii. Understanding of Econometrics modelling, forecasting and analysis.
iv. Possess excellent presentation / communication - verbal and written skills with analytical insights into banking / economic issues.
v. Should have strategic leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Minimum Age – 35 years, Maximum Age – 60 years
Rs.600/- + Applicable Taxes + PG Charges for Unreserved, EWS & OBC candidates Rs.100/- + Applicable Taxes + PG Charges for SC, ST, PWD & Women