Advt. No: 151 (2022)
Central University of Punjab (CUP) invites application for the position Junior Research Fellow/ Project Associate I/ Project Assistant
1. Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) / Project Associate-I/Project Assistant
2. No. of Post: 01
3. Projects Title: “Population structure, Genetic Diversity, and Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS) for fibre quality in natural populations of Calotropis sp. of The Great Indian Thar Desert”
4. Project duration: 3 Years
5. Engagement Period: Initially for a period of one year, further extendable subject to extension of project, satisfactory work & conduct and availability of funds in the project head.
6. Fellowship: Rs 31,000/- per month + HRA, (for JRF/Project Associate-I for initial two year then 35000+HRA for third year after 02 year of research experience as per the SERB, DST guidelines) Rs 20000/- + HRA (Project Assistant )
7. Essential Qualification: M.Sc., Botany. or equivalent degree in any relevant branches of Life sciences with at least 55% marks for GN/OBC (50% for SC/ST/PH) from UGC recognized University/ Institute. Qualified CSIR-UGC-NET/GATE/NET-LS exams for JRF/Project Associate-I (Candidate without NET/GATE will be selected as Project Assistant)
8. Desirable Qualification: Preference may be given to candidates with prior experience in handling large size nucleotide sequence data.
Below 28 years as on date of interview (Relaxation in age is permissible for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government of India rules).