in various Departments of the Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar on Contractual Basis
1. Post Name: Assistant Professor
2. Qualifications:- As per UGC Guidelines strictly. In rare cases, if UGC NET qualified candidates are not available, the candidates having post graduate in the relevant subject (minimum 55% marks) shall be considered for appointment.
3. Emoluments: UGC NET qualified: Rs. 30,000/ p.m. Non-NET qualified: Rs. 22,000/-p.m.
4. For subjects where NET is not conducted by UGC or any other agency, Emoluments as per (i),above shall be considered.
5. University School of Financial Studies, Political Science (Public Policy) Qualification: Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university, Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET, Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or the subsequent Regulations if notified by the UGC, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges /Institutions.
6. Provided further, the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil./Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bylaws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and the Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions: Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only, Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners, Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted, Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D.
7. Work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal, Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D. work. to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice-Chancellor/Dean (Academic Affairs)/Dean(University instructions),NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted, A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently-abled (physically and visually differently-abled) /Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to teaching positions.
8. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures, A relaxation of 5% is admissible, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991. vii. Good academic record means atleast 2nd class with 50% marks in graduation level.
Candidates are required to deposit the prescribed fees (non refundable) through online mode only using Credit Card/ Debit card/ Net banking. Application fees will be Rs. 1180/-(including GST) (Rs. 590/-(including GST) for SC/ST & PWD candidates). The SC/ST and PWD candidates who are not domicile of the State of Punjab shall have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1180/- (including GST).