Ref: IIMB/HR/RECT /2021/39 Date: July 12, 2021
1. Position: – Research Associate, Executive Education Programmes
2. Summary: Indian Institute of Management Bangalore invites applications for the position of Research Associate to work on Assessment and Development Center projects in Organizational Behavior/ Human Resource Management (OB/HRM) area, supporting Executive Education Programmes.
3. Key Skills / Abilities / Knowledge required:
a. Candidates should also be comfortable doing literature review by reading and summarizing research papers as well as academic writing in the form of journal publications, case studies.
b. Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills in English.
c. Should have a good grasp of the management concepts and a strong understanding of frameworks and tools related to leadership assessment and development of individuals.
4. Educational qualification and Experience:
a. Candidates with postgraduate degree in organizational behavior/ human resource management or other related disciplines are encouraged to apply.
b. Candidate should have prior experience of delivery and/or design of Assessment Development Center.
c. Prior experience of working with Corporates on areas aligned to above is an added advantage - particularly working with Banking sector.
d. Candidates should be proficient statistical tools for research and have the work experience of working with large panel data sets.
5. Compensation: The selected candidate will be offered a monthly stipend based on prior qualifications and experience, as per Institute norms.
6. Reporting: The selected Research Associate will be reporting to the concerned faculty Programme Directors when specific to a programme and additionally, to the Chief Programme Officer, Executive Education Programmes, IIMB.
7. Project Tenure: The appointment is initially for 12 months with a potential for extension based on performance.
8. Location: The selected candidate will be working from IIM Bangalore campus. IIMB provides access to library and computer center for all Research Assistants. If selected, the candidate is expected to manage their own accommodation, outside the IIMB campus which is centrally located within the city of Bengaluru.
a. Internal: Faculty, Staff
b. External: Corporates, Industries, Partner organization(s)
10. This position is on contract. Selected candidates should be prepared to take up the assignment immediately.
Preferably be between 35 - 45 years.Maximum age limit for being appointed under these Rules will ordinarily not exceed 60 years for Non-teaching staff, subject to discretion from the director.