Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position as per the details given below for the research project under the Principal investigator Dr. Dcbabrata Sircar, Department of Biosciences and bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
1. Position: Junior Research Fellow (01)
2. Title of Project: Non-invasive early sensing of soft rot and dry rot in stored potato tubers by analysis of volatile organic compound emission
3. Emoluments: Rs. 31,000 (for first 2 years). Rs. 35,000 (from 3rd year onward)
4. Duration: For the period up to 7th March 2024, or till end of the project whichever is earlier
(i) M.Sc/post-graduate degree in plant biology/ botany/ nanotechnology/ biotechnology or M. Tech. in Nanotechnology/ Biosciences and Bioengineering with minimum 60% marks equivalent CGPA at 10 point scale (general, OBC, EWS) & 55% marks/ equivalent CGPA for (SC/ ST/ Differently abled).
(ii) Prior experience/ Master's project experience in the area of plant metabolite analyses, HPLC, GC-MS analyses, plant pathogen handling, and nanotechnology is required.
(iii) CSIR/UGC-NET/ GATE qualification mandatoty
6. Job Description: To identity metabolic reprograming during potato/ pathogen interaction, to develop nanomaterial-based transducer for sensor development, development of e-nose sensor based on selected signature volatiles, GC-MS based volatile analyses, confocal microscopy, infection studies with soft and dry rot of potato, gene expression analyses, sample collection, writing of manuscript/ project progress report writing etc.
Age maximum (as on the last date of application): 28 years for General/ EWS; 31 years for OBC: 33 years for SC/ ST/ Differently abled/ Women