Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) invites applications for the position of
1. Position: Academic cum Teaching Associate (Publications Department)
2. Essential Qualification :
Master’s Degree in Journalism & Mass Communication in any discipline of Social Science with good command over English with 50% marks in aggregate. OR Graduate in any subject with 55% marks along with Post Graduate Diploma in English Journalism with good command of English and Hindi language.
3. Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in editing (English) and publishing
4. Duties and Responsibilities :
To assist HoD-Publications in Editing/copy editing of the manuscripts (English); Working knowledge of Layout and Design (Indesign /CorelDraw/ Illustrator),maintaining a double-blind peer review process; screening of the research papers as per the set parameters of the Publications Department; Screening of book proposals/manuscripts, etc.
5. Desirable :
a. Experience of working in a reputed government/ private publishing house has a direct working knowledge of all the editorial and publishing processes.
b. Knowledge of typography, graphic design, and printing process.
6. Remuneration: Rs. 35,000/- per month (consolidated)
7. Duration of Engagement: Initially for a period of 6 months. Further continuation of the selected candidate will be subject to satisfactory performance and requirements of the Institute.
Academic-cum-Teaching Associate (Publications Department)
Not more than 40 years (as of the date of advertisement).