Need a Institute/Coaching Class?
IT Courses / Govt Exam Preparation
Higher Studies / Studies Abroad
Job title: Instruction Specialist
Number of Openings: 1
Reporting to: Program Manager
Location: Pune | Extensive Travel across Pune District
About the project and the role
Promoting Computer Science and 21st century skills in Pune District is one of the most recents and innovative projects at LFE in partnership with Pi Jam Foundation. The aim of this project is to create a proof point of effective implementation of model labs and teacher certification to systematically promote computer science and 21st century skills for the students of Pune Zilla Parishad Schools.
○ Ensure Optimum instructional delivery of Curriculum across the specified grades in assigned school(s). This will involve teaching and extensive travel in schools spread across the city.
○ Creation of monthly grade specific goals and daily lesson plans with the help of Program Manager in line with the curriculum and teaching philosophy. Instruction specialists will also be expected to file reports after each class.
○ Keep track of student attendance, assess and Monitor Student Learning Outcomes and accomplishments in a variety of ways(Assessments, Projects, Quiz, etc) on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required
○ Coordinate with school authorities to ensure adequate instructional time and maintenance of the lab.
Trainings and Capacity Building
○ Participates in professional growth and development and stays abreast of current research through continuing education, educational seminars, workshops, conferences, membership in profession
As the Instruction Specialist at Pi Jam Foundation, you would be responsible for facilitating Pi Labs at Pune ZP government schools to create a high-quality computer science education ecosystem for student learning. This would include exhibiting excellent teaching, a well-balanced, analytical and creative mindset to problem-solve and provide innovative solutions, along with taking the initiative to own and build a part of Pi Jam reflective of their own core values that concur with the organizational vision and genuinely commits themselves to ensure that the value our program adds to a student’s life is sustainable, meaningful and greater than individual motivations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As an Instruction Specialist, you will be tasked with supporting all present and future Pi Jam Foundation educational initiatives and programs. Your portfolio will include:
○ Participate in sessions during the beginning of the year training programme as per the schedule shared by the organisation.
○ Participate in the monthly learning circles to share best practices with other teachers and prepare for the upcoming classes
○ Work with the Program Manager to build teaching capacity as per their feedback ● Event
○ Coordinate with school authorities and conduct an annual showcase for the students in the schools.
○ Conduct and coordinate with school authorities to conduct various ‘explore events’ like class chats, expert talks, hackathons, quizzes, field visits for students to increase interest and provide learning experiences.
○ Support Pi Jam and LFE team in basic operational and program/event requirements for the annual event(s).
Each of the core responsibilities outlined above, need specific skills to fulfill. While many of these will be developed and honed through the role, some of the following are skills and mindsets we would like you to bring with you to the role and organization:
● Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
● Excellent written and oral communication skills - and functional knowledge (oral and
written) of Marathi is a non-negotiable.
● Have a well-balanced, analytical and creative mindset to problem-solve and provide
● Have relationship management skills and the ability to build rapport with government
● Be an intellectually curious and responsive team contributor, delivering and receiving
feedback regularly, and eager to learn and stay up to date on computer science
● Be willing to extensively travel across Pune districts.
● Hold a degree in a Science Technology Engineering Math or Education field, or have commensurate or demonstrable experience in STEM/Computer Science.
● At least 1 year of teaching experience and working with children in a formal or informal setting.
● Working knowledge of education and program evaluation methods and experience evaluating programs with an eye to ongoing improvements
● Have an in-depth understanding of the time and effort demands of a start-up.
Compensation: 2.5 LPA - 3 LPA
About Pi Jam Foundation
Pi Jam Foundation is a Section 8 (not-for-profit) company conceived by Teach for India Alumni in 2017. The organization is entirely impact driven and aims to provide all students from government and affordable private schools Computing and Problem-solving skills, which are essential for them to succeed in the 21st century workplace. Using low-cost, open source technology and a contextual research-based curriculum coupled with innovative pedagogy, Pi Jam Foundation aims to provide quality computer science education to students across the country.
Fully solved online mock placement papers with latest test pattern,count down timer,detail test analysis with answer and explanation is available at Power Placement Preparation:P3.
Start your preparation now with P3 and increase your success probabiltiy.