No. IITD/IRD/MI01344G/ 326741 Dated: 03/06/2021
Applications from Indian nationals are invited for Project Appointment under the following project. Appointment shall be on contractual basis with consolidated pay, renewable yearly or upto the duration of the project, whichever is earlier
1. Post: Senior Research Fellow /Junior Research Fellow
2. Title of the Project: National Carbonaceous aerosols programme (NACP) working Group-III Project (sub proj. no.3 under MI01333) (MI01344G)
3. Funding Agency Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
4. Name of the Project Investigator Prof. Dilip Ganguly
5. Deptt/.Centre Centre for Atmospheric Sciences
6. Duration of the Project Upto:31/03/2023
7. Consolidated fellowship / Pay-slab:Rs.35,000/-pm plus HRA @ 24% for SRF post OR Rs.31,000/-pm plus HRA @ 24% for JRF post
a. 1st class M.Sc. degree in Physics / Chemistry /Mathematics / Atmospheric / Oceanic / Climate Sciences / Meteorology with NET/GATE* or 1st class M.Tech, degree in Atmospheric / Oceanic / Climate Science / Meteorology with NET/GATE* Experience: Candidate should have at least two years of research experience (for SRF post) and expertise in performing numerical simulations using a global or regional climate model on a HPC system and analyze large volumes of satellite data of various geophysical parameters.
b. The requirement of NET/GATE examination for the selection to the post of JRF/SRF may be relaxed for the candidates who have graduated from Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) with a CGPA of more than 8.000 (80% aggregate marks).