The LT will report administratively, on a day-to-day basisto theDirector and Head of the concerned TB Laband shall functionally be under the direct supervision of the TB Lab-in-Charge.
The LT will primarily assist the Lab- in-Charge in the implementation of WHO approved newer TB diagnostics, including diagnosis of drug resistance.
- Performance of LPA and LC tests on patient specimens at the lab, in a timely manner;
- Managing clinical and laboratory aspects of the lab and ensuring collection, recording and reporting of clean, quality, data;
- Acquiring expertise in approved newer diagnostics tests such as LPA, LC and RS;
- Implementing the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for TB laboratories, including SOPs for specific aspects of LPA, LC and RS and specifications for equipment, infection control, etc, to ensure Good Laboratory Practices (GLP);
- Providing support to the Lab-in-Charge for all laboratory operations including regular MIS functioning, maintenance of all lab equipments, logistics of various lab consumables, etc.;
- Conducting day to day lab activities connected with the newer TB diagnostics, ensuring quality control;
- Assisting the lab in-charge in providing monthly / quarterly and annual reports in the prescribed formats;
- Urgently reporting all adverse events in laboratory functioning to the Lab in-Charge and FIND IndiaTechnical Team;
- Liaising and facilitating the FIND India Technical Team on all technical matters relating to laboratory functioning, in consultation with the Lab-in-Charge;
- Undertaking any other job assigned by state authorities and the FIND India technical team, as per project need.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicant must meet the following qualification requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Science with a specialization in Microbiology/ Biotechnology or higher qualification; OR
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology.
- Applicants with Diploma in Medical Lab Technology must possess a minimum of three years work experience in TB Culture and DST or Rapid TB diagnostics;
- Candidates with experience in Rapid TB diagnostics shall be given preference.
Skills and Attitude:
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Strong team orientation;
- Ability to work independently, with minimum handholding and supervision;
- Energetic, resilient and passionate;
- Professional, mature and confident.
Gross compensation budgeted for the position on a cost to organization (CTO) basis is Rs.1.80 lacs per annum. Please note that gross compensation is fully taxable.
(Note: Candidates shall be working on the payroll of SAMS, a leading HR Agency for the health and development sectors in India).