Applications are invited on prescribed format for the on-line interview for the following assignment in a purely time bound research project undertaken in the Department of Life Science of the Institute.
1. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow
2. No, of Post: 01
3. Project Code: SR/21/LS-015
4. Name of the Research Project: “Role of microorganisms on the productivity of the Bhitarkanika mangrove forest and potentiality of rhizosphere inhabiting bacteria in mangrove reforestation”
5. Name of the Sponsoring Agency: CSIR
6. Tenure of the Project: 3 Years
7. Tenure of the Assignment: 3 Years (based on the performance) OR completion of the project, whichever is earlier
8. Job Description: To carry out research work & experiments related to the project on environmental microbiology. Candidates may enroll for Ph.D. at NIT Rourkela subject to fulfillment of all the eligibility criteria.
9. Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- P.M. for 1st and 2nd year, Rs. 35,000/- P.M for 3rd year
10. Essential Qualifications and experience: M.Sc./M.Tech in Life Science / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Zoology/ Biotechnology / Botany / Environmental Science/ Marine Biology/ Marine Science or related subjects with 60% marks or 6.50 CGPA in 10 point scale with GATE or NET of UGC / CSIR / ICMR / DBT / ICAR candidates.
11. Desirable Qualifications/ Experiences: Research experience or knowledge in environmental microbiology, bacterial biofilm, mangrove biology and coastal ecosystem will be preferred
12. Accommodation: Bachelor accommodation in the hostel will be provided and Campus accommodation may be provided to married students subject to availability