Advertisement No.: -- Date: 26 May 2021
ICTS invites applications for various postdoctoral positions (including several prize postdoctoral fellowships like Simons, Max-Planck Partner Group etc.) twice every year, once in summer and then in fall. Interested candidates should apply online. Applications received after the deadline may also be considered until the positions are filled.
1. Duration of fellowships: Initial appointments will be for a period of two years, which will be renewable for the third year in exceptional cases after an academic review.
2. Details for regular postdoctoral fellowship positions: The honoraria applicable are as follows:
3. Designation: Regular postdoctoral fellow
4. Initial qualification & Fellowship (per month) in Rs.:
a. PhD: 47,000/-
b. PhD + 1 year: 49,000/-
c. PhD + 2 years: 54,000/-
As per the Institute's rule, the candidate must have a PhD degree at the time of joining. This fellowship carries an annual contingency grant as per norms.
5. Housing Rent Allowance: The postdoctoral fellows are eligible for ICTS accommodation (on/off campus) or compensation towards Housing Rent Allowance (HRA) as per current norms.
6. Medical Benefits: The postdoctoral fellows will be entitled to medical benefits as per current norms.
7. Research facilities:
a. ICTS offers access to high-performance computing facilities, in-house library and to most scientific journals. Support for travel for participation in important international meetings is also available. Postdoctoral fellows will also have opportunities to participate in the teaching of graduate courses at ICTS.
b. Apart from the regular faculty members, ICTS has an extended associate faculty actively involved in the research and program activities. ICTS organizes around 10-25 programs every year, on diverse topics not restricted to the research interests of the ICTS faculty. The Centre also has an extensive visitor program. Research groups at ICTS are part of, amongst others, the LIGO Scientific Collaboration, Indian Initiative in Gravitational-Wave Observations, Mathematics and Climate Research Network, Indo-French Center for Applied Mathematics, etc. click here for more information.