Need a Institute/Coaching Class?
IT Courses / Govt Exam Preparation
Higher Studies / Studies Abroad
Programme Officer - Fundraising
The person will be required to work in a team as well as independently handle responsibilities, which include but may not be limited to the following:
· Raising funds and nurturing partnerships for various projects and programmes of the organisation
· Strategizing opportunities to reach and attract potential supporters, HNI donors, CSR, trusts and foundations
· Sustain and grow income from donors in line with agreed targets
· Identifying potential donors and develop partnership with them
· Ensure high quality ongoing communication to maintain and develop supportive relationships with potential and existing donors
· Developing business plans to raise funds from various sources
· Conduct research, build contacts with potential donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization
· Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep them updated about the activities
· Organize or help in organizing fundraising events for the organization
· Generate high quality proposals, EOIs, award applications
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting and due diligence as per donor requirements
· Liaise with different project teams in the organization to collect and collate relevant information for donor reports/queries
· Prepare and manage donor database and donor management system
· Prepare reports, status briefs, presentations and other communications
· Represent the organization in various meetings, workshops, seminars, networks
· Be well versed with various programmes and portals useful for fundraising.
Educational Qualification: Preferably first-class post-graduate in management with graduation in science or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 3 years post-qualification relevant experience, preferably with organisations working in education sector.
· Highly motivated, quick-learner, self-starter
· Excellent knowledge of English (both speaking and writing)
· Comfortable working with external stakeholders in a collaborative mode
· Excellent working knowledge of computer applications and internet
· Excellent communication and representational skills
· Self-motivated and have ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· A desire to work for non-profit education sector is essential
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Lateral and out-of-the-box thinking, passion for innovation in education
· Working knowledge of Gujarati and Hindi.
Candidates are expected to be highly proactive and energetic; possessing networking and communication skills, ability to plan, coordinate and execute various activities and events efficiently. Problem-solving approach, mature judgment, strong ideals, and the desire to serve as a catalyst for popularizing science are desirable. Preference will be given to science graduates with postgraduate education in management and fundraising experience.
The position is based at Ahmedabad. However, the work would involve travel and the candidate should be willing to travel as required. Selected candidate will be offered contract appointments, initially for a period of one year; extendable based on performance.
VikramASarabhai Community Science Centre (VASCSC) is a premier institution working in the field of innovative Science and Mathematics education. VASCSC strives to promote among students, teachers and community an understanding of the fundamental concepts involved in Science and Mathematics. Its mandate is to stimulate interest, encourage and expose the principles of science and scientific methods and also to improve and find innovative methods of science education.
Fully solved online mock placement papers with latest test pattern,count down timer,detail test analysis with answer and explanation is available at Power Placement Preparation:P3.
Start your preparation now with P3 and increase your success probabiltiy.